All Nationalities travelling to Bhutan
Visa, Entry formalities
Before you go to visit Bhutan there some special requirement to avail entry Visa to Bhutan for various nationalities travelling to Bhutan for various purpose.
Entry to Bhutan
Bhutan is accessible by air from Delhi, Kolkata, Singapore, Thailand and Kathmandu by Druk air and Bhutan airlines, other surface road are well connected to board town of India.
By Air (only operating flights are durk air & bhutan airlines connected to limited hubs)
Bhutan has only one International Airport located in Paro valley in western Bhutan. There are 3 domestic airports with in Bhutan, which include Paro (international), Bumthang, and Gelephug. The airline services operates out of 6 countries and 12 city hub, these includes connects flight to and from Dhaka, Bangladesh, Kathmandu, Nepal, Bangkok, Thailand, and Singapore. Drukair also travels to Bagdogra, Delhi, Gaya, Kolkata, and Guwahati, India.
By Road (Surface)
One can enter Bhutan through different boarder gates known as – Phutnosholing & Gelephu (boarders to Indian state of West Bengal), nearby Airport is (Bagdogra Airport) and nearby Railways station is (NJP new jalpaiguri) & Sandrup Jongkhar (Boarder to Indian State of Assam) close by airport is Guwahati Airport.
There are provision of on demand flights on charter from metro city in India.
One must avail a tourist visa before travelling to Bhutan the same can be obtained in advance after providing below documents.
- All nationalities must obtain a tourist visa to visit Bhutan except passport holders from India, Bangladesh & Maldives.
- Visa application with all relevant details related to guest and his travel plan must be submitted by a local tour operator or through a FTO (foreign tour operators).
- Visa must be applied a minimum with 4 working days in advance except national holiday and other non-working days.
- Tourist visa for Bhutan are only issued to travelers who has booked tour packages with local operator or FTO (foreign tour operators).
- After receiving visa application, endorsement and reviews process happens after that that Tourist Visa are issued by TCB (Tourism Council of Bhutan).
- There is a minimum daily packages cost fixed by the government and must be paid in US dollar before landing at Bhutan.
Daily traveler tariff for visiting Bhutan
To visit Bhutan a minimum per night per person expenses needs to be paid to get the guaranteed visa, this minimum expenditure is known as daily tariff.
Out of this expenses 65 Dollar are the Visa fee & SDF (sustainable development Fees) directly and indirectly impacts the social and economic development of Kingdom.
Minimum tariff to visit Bhutan –
There are two type of tariff applicable in Bhutan for travelers, one is High season tariff and another one is Low Season tariff.
Applicable for minimum 03 Pax travelling together.
- High Season Tariff - USD 250 per person per night stay applicable for travelling in month of (March, April, May, September, October & November) includes all major festival of Bhutan’s and regarded as best time to visit Bhutan.
- Low Season Tariff - USD 200 per person per night stay applicable for travelling in month of (January, February, June, July, August & December) regarded as moderate tourist season.
What all includes in above per day Tariff
- Accommodation on Dbl / twin sharing basis in 3 Star TCB rated hotel or resorts.
- Full Boards (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Dedicated English speaking Bhutanese licensed guide
- Exclusive dedicated chauffeur driven tourist vehicle.
- Daily mineral Water.
- Tourist Visa
- Entrance fee to the visiting monuments.
Single tourist or couple less than 3 People are subjected to surcharge, which are applicable on over and above the minimum daily Tariff, addition of USD 200 (Low Season) & USD 250 (High Season) applicable surcharges are as follows:
- Single Individual: USD 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: USD 30 per person per night
Let us plan your dream travel to Bhutan
Talk to one of our expert Travel Specialists and let us customized your dream journey based on interest and likes
ZiniGo Signature Experiences